Over time, your patio can become covered in dirt, grime, and algae, ruining its look and causing it to become slippery and dangerous to walk on.
Pressure washing is a quick and easy way to restore your patio to its original condition, and this guide will provide you with all the information you need to get started.
Tools for the Job
- Pressure washer
- Detergent or cleaning solution
- High-pressure nozzle
- Low-pressure nozzle
Steps for Pressure Washing:
Preparing the Area:
- Clear the patio of any furniture, plants, and any other items that might get in the way.
- Cover any delicate plants or shrubs nearby with plastic sheeting.
- Make sure the area around the patio is clear and free from obstacles that might get in the way of the pressure washer.
Choosing the Right Detergent:
- Choose a detergent specifically designed for pressure washing.
- If you don’t have a specialized cleaning solution, you can use a mild detergent such as dish soap.
Setting Up the Pressure Washer:
- Fill the pressure washer with water and add the cleaning solution according to the instructions on the bottle.
- Attach the high-pressure nozzle to the end of the wand.
- Adjust the pressure and flow rate according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
Pressure Washing the Patio:
- Start by applying the detergent with a low-pressure nozzle, making sure to cover the entire surface of the patio.
- Allow the detergent to sit on the surface
- Use a high-pressure nozzle to remove the detergent and any dirt or grime.
- Move the pressure washer in a back and forth motion, starting from one end of the patio and working your way to the other.
- Make sure to overlap each pass to ensure a thorough clean.
- Avoid spraying water directly at joints or edges as this can cause damage.
- Rinse the patio with clean water to remove any remaining detergent.
- From: £17.99 inc. Vat Select options
- From: £19.99 inc. Vat Select options
- From: £37.99 inc. Vat Select options
Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the best pressure washer for cleaning a patio?
A: A pressure washer with a minimum of 2,000 PSI (pounds per square inch) is recommended for cleaning patios.
How often should I pressure wash my patio?
A: It is recommended to pressure wash your patio once a year, or as needed, to keep it looking clean and fresh.
Can I pressure wash my patio if it is made of natural stone?
Yes, you can pressure wash a patio made of natural stone, but be careful to avoid using too high a pressure as this could cause damage to the surface.
Pressure washing your patio is a quick and easy way to restore its look and remove any dirt, grime, or algae that has built up over time.
By following the steps outlined in this guide, you will be able to pressure wash your patio safely and effectively. Remember to choose the right detergent, use a pressure washer
Free Lawncare Calendar
Get our easy to follow lawn care calendar that includes lawncare treatments, products to use and receive updates on seasonal advice.